I came across this website with tips about productive living and such .. there was that list about ways to stay unhappy forever. Through the long contradicting list i found that i relate to many points mentioned that make my life unhappy to some extent ..
Here are some ways that have granted me unhappiness!
- Dwell on things that happened in the past.
- Obsess yourself with all the things that might happen in the future.
- Work hard, do your best and then condemn yourself for not achieving perfection.
- Always be right. Never let anyone else be more right than you.
- Compare yourself unfavorably to those who you feel are more successful.
- Don’t ask for directions and don’t ask questions.
- Never throw anything way. Even if you don’t use it, hold onto it.
- Say “yes” to everyone. Fill all your time with commitments.
- Multitask, multitask, multitask! Do everything at once.
- Hang out with people who complain about everything.
- Focus on what you don’t want to happen.
- Fear the things you don’t fully understand.
- Always seek external validation before you consider yourself good enough.
- Never check-up on your health.
- Never tell anyone how you feel or what you’re thinking.
- Make sure everything you do impresses someone else.
- Always put your own needs on the back burner.
- Believe that, no matter what, you are entitled to things.
- Just keep going and going and going. And never ever stop.
For the complete list check 75 Ways to Stay Unhappy Forever